A Cook is responsible for preparing meals, snacks and special event items, following standardized recipes and in compliance with DOH and community standards. In addition, the delivery of food in a timely manner and at the correct temperature in an attractive and appealing manner, maintaining kitchen and dining room sanitation and cleanliness and proper storage of all food and non food items are also functions of the position.
· Plan, organize, prepare and serve all foods according to standardized recipes, meeting deadlines for meal service, snacks and special functions time and in accordance with menus, census, and portion sizes.
· Assist in the design of the menus and formulation of the recipes to meet resident expectations, DOH and community standards.
· Review Dining Services log daily and take appropriate follow up action.
· Report absenteeism, tardiness, complaints and grievances as they are observed to the Dining Services Director.
· Ensure that only trained and authorized personnel operate the department’s equipment in a safe manner. Only use equipment that you have been trained and authorized to operate in a safe manner.
· Maintain a clean and safe dish area, dish storage areas, utensil storage areas, mop room and chemical storage areas for cleanliness, upkeep and supply control.
· Restock supplies as they are depleted.
· Assist with the ordering of food and supplies as directed.
· Follow the daily diet changes, so the residents’ expectations and health are served.
· Document required food service data as directed e.g. food temperatures, changes in resident diets, etc.
· Participate in departmental Quality Assurance audits.
· Be familiar with resident seating and serving charts, food allergies and resident food preferences.
· Observe residents’ eating habits and report any changes to supervisor.
· Follow established health, safety and sanitation regulations in the use of equipment and supplies at all times. Ensure all dining staff does the same.
· Follow all established fire/safety components, including participating in monthly
drills and staff fire/safety training.
· Promptly report any equipment or Community damage to Dining Service Director.
· Report any accidents and incidents immediately.
· Attend all required in-service training.
· Participate in departmental team meetings.